I love it when I discover an easy recipe that creates an elegant entree that gives the illusion of slaving over the stove for hours. What is even better is that this baked chicken recipe is very freezer friendly and doesn’t suffer from any loss of flavor during the reheating process.
The original recipe called for making chicken stock and cutting up a whole chicken. Although I did cut up a whole chicken (they were on sale), the next time I use this recipe I will either buy chicken parts or cut up Cornish game hens. Additionally, modern chickens aren’t sold with their spare parts anymore so I just used canned broth instead of making my own.
Although this is an easy recipe, you will need to keep in mind that it requires an hour of baking time. But, it is well worth it. Double or triple the recipe for freezing after baking and you’ll have a delicious entree waiting for you on nights when you just don’t feel like cooking.
- 3 pounds of chicken parts
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3/4 dry white wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Melt butter in skillet; add olive oil to the butter to keep it from burning.
- Combine the salt, pepper, and flour.
- Dredge chicken parts in the flour mixture. Saute in butter until brown.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish. Combine chicken stock and wine and pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Cornish Game Hens that have been split in half or quartered would also work well for this recipe.