As I mentioned in my post about only wearing pretty underwear, The Mister just packed up all of my clothes and brought them when he joined me in the Midwest. For being such an advocate of only wearing clothes that make me feel beautiful, my closet is a mess! So, as part of the Only Wear Beautiful Clothes Challenge, I will do Phase I of the Great Closet Cleanout this weekend.
Here are the guidelines for Phase I:
- Does the garment still fit? If not, out it goes (I’m allowed to keep no more than two “look it fits me again!” garments in each size but, really, when I get into a Size 4 again, I’ll want new clothes because it’s been a while…)
- Have I worn it in the past year? (Some organizers say to get rid of anything not worn in six months, but given our weather this past year, that would mean getting rid of all of my lightweight clothes!)
- Is it in good repair? Free of stains?
- How many versions of X do I own? Do I really need all of them?
Before I can only wear clothes that make me feel beautiful, I have to make space for those clothes to come into my life.
Will you join me?
Latest posts by Dr. Julie-Ann (see all)
- How to Make Housework a Meditation on Love - April 5, 2017
- How to Let Go of the Need to Be Right - March 21, 2017
- The Ideal 1950s Homemaker is Gracious and Thoughtful - February 12, 2017