I know I’ve shared this recipe with you before. However, it is one of The Mister’s favorite casseroles and as I prepared it for dinner Sunday night, I decided I should share it with you again because I’ve made a couple of changes to it to try to make it more “calorie friendly.”
One of the things I love about this recipe is how easy it is to put together. Some casserole recipes require you to use your entire collection of pots and pans in order to create your “one dish meal.” Not so with this one. There is the pot to boil the noodles, the colander, the casserole dish and a measuring cup, spoon, and knife. Easy!
(Serves Eight)8 oz package noodles 1 large can tuna or two 5-ounce cans 1/4 cup chopped green pepper 1 small onion, chopped salt 1 can reduced fat and sodium cream of mushroom soup
1 cup 2% grated cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain. Pour into a large-ish casserole dish.
- Add the tuna.
- Add the onions and green pepper.
- Mix together with a fork.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup.
- Fold the soup into the noodle, tuna, onion, and green pepper mixture.
- Spread the cheese on top.
- Bake in a 425ºF. oven for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.